Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday, July 25th - chemo #2

Arrived home about 4 pm....left here at 10:15 - scheduled appt was 10:45....waited in the lobby as there were way too many people in the waiting room for 'only' 45 minutes!

I spoke with Dr. May 'before' this treatment - about my scalp issue...she thinks it is a symptom of the chemo - and being in the sun....now, if you all know me - I hardly go outside! I do drive with the top down - and get sun then...but I am very rarely in the sun - not that I don't like it...it's just too hot! She suggested wearing a hat whenever I go out.

I was fine going to bed last night - about 4 am I woke with my head tingling! and unbearable! I finally got up at 7:30....When I shampooed this morning I used the Epsom salt 'rinse', then shampooed, then used a conditioner...so far it feels better.

Dr. May suggested that I use either an ice pack or wet a towel and freeze it - then put it on my head while I sleep....I will try anything - if I can't sleep tonight!

The one chemo drug was lowered 20% - that may help with the puffy eyes too....

So far, my mouth is salivating a little, hot flashes, runny nose, and sweaty palms....I won't complain about carrying this pump! who wants to hear me complain about that - again!

Samantha and I made Lemon Squares (recipe from a high school classmate) last night and I just ate two (2) squares....they came out pretty good for the first time....next time I think I need to add just a little more 'lemon juice'.....but they did 'hit the spot'!!! Thanks Ed and Susan!!!

Gee, didn't realize it's after 6 pm....I think I better go feed the doggies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment