Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday, July 26 - chemo #2 - day 1

I began typing this morning about 8:30...wrote alot and didn't save as I was going along my merry way...and all of a sudden - lost it...no power! and not saved! oh my...to do it again? Guess I will now do a shorter version....If I can manage that!

Went to bed last night at 1:11 am...and had a great, almost, 2 hours of sleep...no dreams, no plumbs dancing in my head, nothing...like I was comatose!!! then I woke up...for no reason....couldn't fall back to sleep until 4:30 and woke up about 35 minutes later, with Marlee trying to get onto the bed - my side - while I'm hooked up to this pump!!! this happened once before while I was connected to the pump. I put the 'unit' in my night stand drawer and the 'line' hangs from there to my port...I was so afraid when she jumped onto me/bed she was going to break the line...then I'd have all that toxic chemo drug on the floor, bed, dog and me....Charlie jumped out of bed - running around to my side and Marlee got down.....the thunder hadn't begun yet....Marlee went to lay at the top of the stairs....and began barking. She and Jersey never bark at night, even when the kids come home late or early morning...so again, Charlie is out of bed and going downstairs...why??? he wouldn't let the dogs out...I ended up getting my eye glasses and going out to the upstairs deck...remembering this is only 4:45 ish and still pitch black outside - can't see a thing! Everyone is settled in again...and now I'm wide awake!!! but I layed down and fell asleep - UNTIL...6:15 ish....then the thunder began and Marlee tryed to get ontop of me - again! This time I put the garbage pail next to the spot of 10 inches where she tried to get in and I had my pump right next to me...of course where she tried to get on the bed - the pump was right there....UP again!!! I decided I couldn't fall back to sleep and thinking that this storm was going to get worse, I'd blog....well, I did and like I mentioned before, I didn't 'save' it...so I lost it all when the power went off...for about 2 minutes!!! Went back to the bedroom and there was Marlee...on my side of the bed - cuddled up next to Charlie!!!! then downstairs to the basement she went and is still there!

Sam had made me breakfast yesterday before chemo...french toast on white bread...just the way I like it...but I didn't have an appetite....so I only had half of two pieces.....when I came home I had half a turkey sandwich with left over potato salad and two lemon squares...and for dinner Paul made me french toast on Italian bread - presentation grade: 100%....delicious too! Sam was going to the Truck Stop by PA to buy some novelty Jersey items to bring back to school and knowing that McDonald's is right there....I had a craving for salty french fries....hmmm- french food?!! - she hates McDonald's - the smell..but she was sweet enough to get me a small size....soooo good!!!

While Sam was out....Paul was up stairs in his room...the dogs were with me....Jersey and I heard a noise outside but didn't think anything of it...then it happened again...I yelled to Paul to look out his window - garbage night....yep, a bear was trying to get into our well sealed garbage can! Couldn't do it...but Paul scared it away. While Paul was at his window, I opened one of the windows in the big room - if you know what those windows look like - they are low to the ground but not very wide....I couldn't see anything and then the dogs went wild....the bear, according to Paul was fairly large and scooted off to the back yard. of course the dogs wanted out but no way...they would have gone after the bear - wherever it was....Sam ran into the house when she got home - especially holding these great smelling fries! Charlie came home and went out with the dogs...bear gone!

so, right now, being a little tired I feel good, my head itches a little...my nose stopped running, I don't think I'm having anymore hot flashes - so how I felt yesterday after coming home = all seems fine now....I go tomorrow (Friday) to have my pump disconnected. I don't need a nupagin shot because my WBC levels are still okay..I'm sure I will have to go next time....but that's another day to worry about in two weeks!

I thought this would have been short and sweet...but I ran off again....at least this time it was a fairly good, happy read.....

No comments:

Post a Comment