Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday, July 14 - chemo #1

Had my pump disconnected yesterday....didn't have to wait long at all. Dr. May was out - so not many patients! I was in and out and fast enough that I went shopping in Newton!...just to pick up a few things...I can't remember when - I was shopping...other than the food store.

Feeling pretty good today. A little tired...or I should say that my eyelids are on the heavy side....I think I got enough sleep last night. Got up about 9:15 a little later than usual.

It was so nice being able to shower -- I know that's pretty much all I say - when I have the pump and have to work my way around the 'life line' and not get twisted in it!

I kind of noticed some symptoms...read on if you'd like -- but I don't think I wrote them down this soon after my first chemo......my legs were a bit shaky when going down the steps - but not as much as before; my mouth was salivating a little; for some reason I have a little difficult time not being able to see clearly - at a distance; I also noticed that I get a bit depressed or maybe 'sad' is a better way of putting it. When I hear sad news - I tend to dwell on it; and I get these hot flashes...I've been really good - normally - but notice it more now -- I remember last time that my hands got sweaty (but not this time). I have to keep clearing my throat - when I talk it seems like I have to clear it --what I call: morning voice. Some of these symptoms I've had before and can't remember if they started at the very beginning....All in all, I'm feeling pretty good.

I'm not craving food...I'm eating...fairly normal size portions but hardly any desserts...this is just from last Monday. I do notice it on the scale! Lost 2 lbs...which is really good! I think it's because I'm not eating all the cookies and chocolate and the entire dinner portion....plus my breakfast and lunch kind of fall into one another.

The area around my port is still a little sore...still lots of 'glue' stitches...which I want to pick off! I'd better not...I prefer not having that area bleed! but what a temptation!

No comments:

Post a Comment