Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday, July 18th

I know one of the symptoms of this chemo is 'depression'....and boy oh boy....I've got it!!! Not all the time...but I can cry at the drop of a penny/nickel/quarter or even dime!

Just got back from the center and had blood drawn.....Dr. May poked her head in and saw my expression when she asked how I was....she then said she'd like to 'see' me....There are absolutely NO words that can describe this woman! She has so much compassion!!! From a doctor....this is unremarkable! She is so very positive and is trying to keep me there....saying that I've come so far and she can see that there is a future....she said if she felt that there was no 'long term' - she'd say it to me...but she feels so good about my outcome.

With that stated....I'm trying my hardest to stay up beat!

I'm such a strong, Italian woman that has to be in control of everything! With this....it's kind of hard......maybe I'm feeling a bit down because Sam is leaving for S.C. in two weeks (for school). Paul does his own thing as well as Nick....and Charlie too....I'm not one for talking about myself all the time and complaining to any of them...that's why I have this blog - my way of venting.

I kind of feel bad too because other people that I know or are acquaintances have been or are suffering so much more and here I'm complaining of some 'minor' symptoms. I mentioned that to Dr. May and she just said that I have every right to feel badly for myself......

Okay, deep breath....Sam is coming home from the gym - it is thundering in the background but still sunny outside - and we are going food shopping when she gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment