Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday, July 5, 2012

When a holiday falls in the middle of the week - I never remember what day it is....I now know it's Thursday! but I will still have to look at a calendar if you'd ask me again!!

Went to finally have a bite for lunch about 2:30 ish....the phone rang - and it was the surgeon, Dr. Allen. He said he was sorry he didn't call me any sooner as he has been in conferences for the past few days. He agrees with Dr. Kemeny that I should do the 'regular' chemo first - to get the two lesions from my lungs....and 'yes' it is written in the report....Dr. Allen also said I'm still a good candidate for this pump....but we will now take baby steps and see what the 'new' CT and MRI scan show --- appointment is scheduled for late August.

I also asked him 'why' I would still need regular chemo while getting this chemo with the pump. He said he's not too sure IF that would be needed after these new lesions are gone (liver and lungs)....but I'd have to be monitored very closely - having the scans.....

I also mentioned to him about the waiting time - while waiting I would greatly appreciate hearing 'any' news (good or bad) ahead of time so I can deal with the situation. He said he would note that in my file and agrees with me.

Then I lost my appetite! I did get it back a short while later!!! Heavens to Betsy - ME, how could I ever skip a meal???!!!!

I also received a call from Dr. May's nurse and she is going to see if I can do the chemo next week - the day after or next to begin the chemo.....I also said that Dr. Kemeny would 'suggest' what chemo to use. She and Dr. May would work together. So, she will see if they have the Panatumab in - or Dr. K. said she would be able to get it....

Oh this is so exciting! NOT....to begin all this - again....One step forward - two steps back....but I'm still alive! and feeling quite well!

I'll never stop saying this....Thank YOU (all) for emailing me back and expressing your feelings of support! I think you are all special - giving words of being positive when it's so hard to find them yourself....for those of you that 'have no words to share'....I understand!!! Everyone expresses themselves in different ways....but I did want to 'thank you' for being there - on the other end - reading (listening) to my woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment