Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

First cocktail.....first of = three original times = with several months to 1/2 year without chemo.

Charlie came with me....I wanted him there to talk to Dr. May (as he hasn't seen her for a long while) and, of course, support...

Typical 4 hour 'ordeal'....this time I am receiving the panatumab and one of the last cocktails that made me miserable! but now in a lower dose - we will keep an eye on it. Dr. says possible hair 'loss' not loosing it but thinning - great! that's what made me feel worse! Finally nice and thick and now for this!!!

I am scheduled for a CT and MRI scan the end of August - that would give me 4 rounds (which I believe is 2 cycles)....and we'll see what is going on.

Dr. May agrees that this was caught at a very good time...the lesions - which most possibly are cancerous due to this being a stage 4 and mestastised.....Dr. May said that from the liver it usually goes to the lungs then other organs....so the 'travel' time is what it's suppose to be! Lucky me!

I have learned this before but as human nature goes - denial.....NEVER SAY NEVER!!! As it is - it has come to haunt me!

Having to have the port put in again....I should have left it and just kept going to have it flushed...but me = na, NEVER....a haunting!!!!

I slept in the recliner chair last night and it was much easier getting up and down...It did bother me a little and took a Tylenol before bed...but I was fine this morning.

Funny, I got up about 3 then a little after 5...thinking Charlie would bring the dogs out about 6:30...but the dogs slept until 7:30! So I jumped up and began my day! I thought I'd get up about 7 - 7:15 and do it 'calmly'....

Arrived at the cancer center at 9 and they pretty much took me on time...about 10 minute wait...then we began.....left there about 1:30 or maybe it was 2....

I kind of feel strange. I don't have the energy...but it maybe from not sleeping right...or just from sitting majority of the day. I am carrying the pump = 5 FU, I think it's called and it is hooked up to my port and I carry 'the bag' and go back on Friday to have it removed and flushed (the bag)...then next week - on Wed., I'm suppose to go back to get bloodwork done...the the following Wed. I do the cocktail - again.....

The worst part...I don't mind going there...and having this stuff done - it's the 'waiting game'....getting there on time but not being taken in for a long time.....frustrating!!!

I have an appetite. I ate lunch while there and picked on some 'sugar' snacks while at home...put in a load of laundry...had Sam and Paul do the garbage....Sam brought home Eggplant Parm yesterday from Dominick's so I will eat that tonight...which I see as I type this - it's almost 7 pm...wondering why my stomach is growling!!! After I post this - I will eat!

I guess YOU are now up-to-date on my 'journey'.....If you don't hear from me - all is well...and hopefully if I do blog - it will be good news too... Guess I'm trying to say - don't worry if you don't hear from me.

I can only say this so much but always remember - I do greatly appreciate your prayers, support and wishes throughout this 'adventure'.

Any information that you hear about statics - doesn't necessarily mean I am one of them....I CAN BEAT THIS! I DO BELIEVE!!! as I am showing you all - that it does pay to be positive and fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment