Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday, Nov. 29th

What a great feeling NOT to have to go to Sparta for radiation!!! Tomorrow (Sat.) and Sunday OFF!!! Back on Mon., Tues., and Wed....if I counted right would be my last, 30th day!

Keeping myself busy....Charlie was asked to work today (usually just works Sat., and Sun's). Before leaving I asked him to bring up or down the artificial Christmas tree....the past few years we've had a fresh one but I have too many ornaments and wasn't able to use all of them and the type of tree we had, couldn't 'hold' most of them as I think they may have been just a little too heavy. Unless I put them 'inside' the tree - they might stay but then you can't see them.

Charlie found the tree (right where he put it last year) in the attic.....but couldn't find the lights! When I put the tree together I put the lights on each row of branches (to give it depth)....so out I went to buy some lights....I have 4 boxes of 300 - I hope that's enough. I bought them right in town and they have smaller boxes = just in case I need a few more I know I can get them close by.

We had an enjoyable Thanksgiving Day = missing Sam too. I made two desserts on Wednesday night = an apple pie and this chocolate lasagna (made with layer of crushed oreo cookies, chocolate pudding and cool whip) and on Thursday I made some appetizers = deviled eggs, shrimp, stuffed mushrooms and spinach dip. I put it out when Nick came about 2:30.

Thinking a 12 lb. turkey would take about 3 1/2 hours to bake, I put it in the oven at noon time.....I had seen on the TV show (The Chew) to put a carrot, one piece of celery and a whole onion cut in half, inside the cavity to keep the bird moist and some added flavor....I'm glad I did that because the turkey wasn't done until 5:30!!! Thank goodness they had eaten before!!! I also made stuffing w/sausage and added some dried cranberries amongst other things; acorn squash stuffing (minus the bread cube); twice baked pototoes for Charlie and Nick; Paul and I had sweet potatoes; and I made artichokes!

6:30 = the dinner was great....the turkey was moist!!! I thought it would have been totally dried out!!! and dessert was even better!

I can't believe how fast this month (November) went....before we know it, it will be 2014!!!

Hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment