Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I left the house 15 minutes earlies today....I had two appointments at the same time = 10:30 = for radiation and then CBC....

I was called in as soon as I changed and the technician said it was going to be a little longer = having 5 days to go, they do more x-rays and something else....

WHAT!!! 5 more days!!! Are you kidding me?!!! I'm suppose to have my last radiation treatment tomorrow (Wednesday the 4th!)....I'm so frustrated but not voicing my opinion other than saying that I thought tomorrow was my last day....they snuck in another week!!!

If you do the math = 6 weeks of radiation at 5 times a week = 30 days NOT 35 days!

I saw the radiation doctor afterwards...before I talk to her they take your vitals...blood pressure and weight. Needless to say, my blood pressure was HIGH!! The nurse said = today is day 29....

Doctor comes in and I asked her why I had to go another 5 days. Actually she walked in and asked if I was happy coming back....I looked strangly at her....I never missed a day! Are you looking at the right person's chart? she showed me my photo and said yes. Told her that I was even here on Sunday but had Thursday (thanksgiving) and Friday off....maybe because I actually haven't seen 'her'...I've saw another doctor two weeks in a row.

I mentioned about the extra 5 days....she said it's only 3 more. A total of 33 days....I still can't figure this one out....How they snuck that extra 3 days on me!!! I am making sure that my last day will be on Monday the 9th!!!

Sorry, can you tell I'm a little frustrated?!!

I changed back into my street clothes and then went for CBC. I asked the nurse to take my vitals again (as I calmed down a little). My blood pressure was good...normal - compared to what it was 15 minutes before!

I arrived at 10:15 ish....and I was walking out the door at 11:25.

My skin color is a reddish brown and under my arm where one stitch had broken off is where there is a little blister. They don't seem concerned; as long as it's not oozing. I just keep putting the Aquophor on it after the treatment and then before bed.

Thursday I have the appointment with at the eye doctor....they called to remind me of my appointment...I told them I maybe a few minutes late as I have radiation which I hadn't expected....no problem.....

===========

I finished putting the lights and decorations on our Christmas Tree. I'm still in the process of putting all the other stuff out and around! Started with my Santa's... Things I have on my mantel's need to come off, but I don't have boxes to put them in. Charlie loves to burn the boxes we have from deliveries....

No comments:

Post a Comment