Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Election Day! - Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013

In and out...of radiation....no waiting.....I did have to see Dr. May today (and we waited). Charlie came along to hear what she had to say.

I'm so bad!!! I have MY thoughts and she has her own...and mine are not what she suggests!

Dr. May wants me to begin taking the chemo pill (Xeloda) tomorrow (I thought I'd start on Sunday)....

She knows me too well - after complaining - she said I can take a lower dose to see how I'm doing = 1 pill in the morning and 1 before bed, beginning tomorrow (Wednesday). Next week she would like me to take 2 in the morning and 1 before bed....AND she wants me to have blood drawn for the CBC (to see how my red and white blood count is) once a week. Originally she said I'd be taking this pill (a total of 4 per day = 2 am and 2 pm)and taking them for two weeks straight and one week off....she changed her mind on that one.....it is now DAILY.

That's pretty much it for being in and out!!!! Radiation is a breeze but doing blood work, you have to wait due to so many people usually ahead of you.

I do have my appointments for the rest of the month.

Tomorrow is the end of week two (2) of radiation with a total of six (6) weeks.

Dr. May also said that after two or three months from now, we will do another SCAN to see if we should still stay with this pill or change over to the IV or something else.

Prays that all this cancer will be gone in two months!!!!

The anxiety of what 'new' symptoms I may have........something I am not looking forward to.



No comments:

Post a Comment