Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday, Nov. 26th (day 26 out of 30)

Had my CBC drawn today = all numbers are very good! Maybe the supplements are helping!

Radiation: On Friday of last week I noticed under my arm began getting 'red/irritated'....saw the doctor and she said to keep putting the Aquaphor on it (after treatment)....still on the red side but no blistering. I go one more day this week = then have 4 days off! Wahoo!!! the joys of these little things in life!

Saw Dr. May too...right now I'm taking a total of 4 (500 mg each) Xeloda pills a day. She wants me to stop taking them for several days after I'm finished with radiation and then to begin on that Monday taking more....6 pills a day. 3 in the morning (I have to have a new script made up as she wants me to take 2 - 500 mg and 1 - 150 mg) and then 3 at night and take them for two weeks ON and then one week OFF....but she also wants me to go for CBC once a week.

In three months time, from the beginning of radiation till the 3 months is over, she suggests a PET scan to see what's going on and decide what's next.

Dr. May said that the symptoms may begin to 'set in'....peeling of the soles and palms, mouth sores, diarrhea, and maybe one or two other things.......and here I thought I was doing so very well!!!!! Prayers to continue feeling the same way!!!!

Charlie drove me today - thinking the roads were going to be bad....but they were fine! The weatherman can make you crazy!!! They really make you paranoid! see a few snow flakes and you think we'll have a blizzard!!! I went food shopping about 2 and it was raining......

Having a new well pump is a real pain!!! The water is still coming out with a tinge of 'brown' color and an odor of bleach. Still drinking bottled water (including our pets)even though the plumber said Monday should be okay....when I see a ting of brown - I'll wait!!!!

With this = I'm afraid to begin baking/cooking for Thursday.....I hate to use too much bottled water not knowing how much we'd have left to drink....what gets done will be done....what doesn't = no one will know!!!!

Thank you again, for your continued support and prayers. Happy Thanksgiving to All = we really do have a lot to be thankful for! Friends like you! Family like you! and all the other blessings we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment