Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday, November 14th

Sunny, beautiful day outside....was typing a long (not unusal) email to a friend and almost to the end = the power went out!!! Loosing my letter!!!! It went out for a second or two!!! All that typing and this happens! I just hope it doesn't happen again!!!!

The story = to continue from the last post, regarding the older couple....
Remember I mentioned because they take you so fast that you really don't have time to have a 'real' conversation with the other patient....One day I was there and two were in the waiting area (one done and waiting to see the doctor and the other waiting to go in). By the time I was undressed there was only one woman waiting....with that in mind = you get thing in bits and pieces!

Before I begin with this story....Paul had told me about this web site = teeth miridians = which I found very interesting! They show you a chart where there is a tooth/organ relationship!!! If you have a chance - you should use your search engine and view or probably PRINT out one of the charts.....

back to my story....

With this in mind and knowing the husband is a retired cardiologist I thought he and his wife may find this interesting. I made a copy for them and was ready to give it to them yesterday but they never showed up....

Today they were there...the wife, Dorothy, was already having her treatment so I changed and walked into the men's waiting room to give the copies to the man....He told me what was wrong that they didn't show up the previous day and then I handed him this chart....he talked about the dentist he goes to....and then he said the dentist gives them FREE cleanings at least 4 times a year and in turn he gives him tickets to the home Giants games....little stuff is adding up. He also mentioned his last name...and I hadn't really heard what Dorothy said the day before...when he told me his name and remembering that Dorothy said his son was an excellent cook...and he lived in Blairstown (the next town from me)...the name clicked...the town didn't...the great cook did....Turns out his son is our neighbor that lives 1/2 mile down the road. Samantha went to school with the daughter! and had a few breakfasts there after the sleepovers. Samantha said it was like a Las Vegas Buffet!!! So now I really know them!!! What a small world! Dorothy didn't know this yet as she came out and I went in for the treatment! I'm sure they were both laughing when the husband told his wife this! Not only living in the same town - but right down the road!!!

I saw the radiologist doctor today (you are to see them once a week). A good thing that I didn't see her yesterday. this part is a little gross: I noticed after taking my shower that there was a tiny white spot right around my nipple....me the picker that I am, thought it may have been a little soap that didn't rinse off, so I scratched the area....it was a little red right about that too. Now out comes some pus and then it was a little oozy....I mentioned this to the radiology people and they said this happens some times....The doctor didn't seem too concerned...just said to use Neosporin 2 x's a day (after treatment and before bed) and NOT to touch it!! Good grief - the things I CAN'T DO!!! At least I don't have to worry about it - seeing it happened today and saw the doctor too.

Other than that....everything is going well. I UP-ed my chemo pills - now taking 2 in the morning and 1 at night...will do that for two weeks unless I get some symptoms...but I'd have to check with Dr. May first...which I will see her in two weeks.

I still have energy...actually a little more. I've been getting up early - 5:45 AM....I go to the bathroom then back to bed but can't fall asleep....I fall asleep while playing that game - Words With Friends....until the kindle feels like it's falling off my lap which wakes me up....only a few winks of sleep....but I still clean upstairs and if I still have time I'll vacuum the main floor too. The chairs that the dogs sit/lay on always has hair on it!

That's all for now....everything is A-okay! Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment