Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday morning, Nov. 22nd

50th anniversary of President Kennedy's fatal shooting.

At this time in my life I feel I should dwell on the positive things.....I have a roof over my head, heat, food in the refrigerator, electric, a comfortable bed to sleep in, my Kindle, my computer, and a loving husband - BUT NO water!!! Well, we do have 'some' water. A cold shower that drizzles is better than nothing....still leaving some soap on my body...but at least I'm clean and smell good! A dishpan in the sink with water so I can wash my hands during the day. I am thankful for things and one thing that I've known for a while (since our long lasting power outages and no generator)...I am NOT a pioneer woman!!! and I DON'T want to be either!!! I LOVE the little extra's in my life! and I want them back!!!

We got our call before 8 AM this morning that the plumber is coming = to fix or install our water pump (in the ground) shortly! Wahoo!!! The little things in life that give me/us pleasure.

I'll be able to use my dishwasher for the first time - not cooking and using some utensils and a few dishes are now waiting in the dishwasher to begin the wash cycle. I'd better read the manual to see how to start it! Since we replaced this dishwasher I've been doing them by hand - not bad considering I use more pots and pans than dishes...as long as I have to wash them, what's a few dishes, glasses and silverware.

Radiation is going well...today is day 23 (out of 30)...I wasn't going to count 'days' but being this close to the end I've changed my mind.

I did notice yesterday (the day AFTER I saw the radiation doctor) that under my arm is a little irritated (looking red). I hope she's around so she can suggest or prescribe some medication to put on it. Now to hope she doesn't' say not to use deodorant! That would be very hard!!!!

Thank you for our friends and neighbors that have offered their hot showers....but with everything I use = I'd need to pack a suitcase just to take a shower. Roughing it is a little hard but I can handle it for a few days = not enjoying it is another story.

Just in case I don't blog in the next few days - I'd like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and yes, I am very thankful for the things, people and close friends in my life...and most of all for my loving family! God Bless You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment