Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday, October 10th

Another bumpy road ahead....to begin another journey.....I really think I can see the 'stop sign' not too far ahead!

A little confused as Dr. May said a lot of things today. If I have this correct:

*1st step: PET scan (since the last one was in June) on Monday the 14th (Paul's 27th birthday!)

*2nd step: radiation to begin - soon. I will meet with the doctor to discuss how long I need to do this on Tuesday (after he reviews the scan results). It is a definite 5 days per week (Mon - Fri); but not sure if I can do it in 5 weeks or the full 7 weeks.....I'll just think of this as going to a real job - leaving my house.

I asked Dr. May if eating NO sugar - should the results of this scan be better? She doubts it very much.......and with cancer = I can never tell!!!! Maybe it will and everyone will be in awe!!! including me!!! and if this does work = I'd never eat sugar again!

*3rd step: to begin chemo PILLS - 2 - 2x a day for two weeks then off one week and go back to draw bloodwork = all this while doing radiation. Then another scan to see if the pills are working or I'd need to do the IV chemo. While on radiation they will give me a lower dosage of the 'pills'.

*4th step: and I can't remember 'why'....biopsy of either the liver or lungs (which ever is closer and easier to get to)...I think to see if the cancer that had been caught in one of the lymph nodes (for the breast cancer) was from the colon cancer = I think....Charlie and I had to absorb so much info, I can't remember.

All in all....I'm not happy about going for the radiation but there are alot of things that I'm not happy with that I still end up doing...for me? na, for my family..YES!

Dr. May is amazed by me...that I'm doing so well - with all that my body is and has been going through....because of her feeling this way - that was one of the reasons why she wants me to do the radiation.

The test that came back - my score as 29% positive in Stage 2 breast cancer and because it was just over the half way mark she wants me to do all of this.

Of course my day didn't end as well as it should have. Charlie and I were suppose to go into Newton to pick up some stuff at Lowe's so he took his truck. With expected rain (and never really got any, just a few drops here and there)....when we finally left the building - arrived at 11:15 and walked out about a little after 2 - got into his truck and it didn't start!!!! give me a break!!! So we called AAA and they finally arrived at 3:15!!!! and it was the battery that needed to be charged as Charlie left his headlights on. Thank goodness I got up early enough to eat breakfast...but I was starving!!! Got home and glad I had some leftovers so I heated them up....and then prepared Charlie's dinner - pasta with oil and garlic....I'm sure I'll be eating something soon again.

No comments:

Post a Comment