Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I can't believe it's already Thursday!! And after typing it, I still had to think - is it really Thursday already?!!!

Busy week going to doctor appointments!

Monday was the PET scan, Tuesday was the meet the radiation party, Wednesday I made an appointment to see Dr. John Harrington, Nutrition - muscle response testing/kinesiologist and today (Thursday) I went to be 'fitted' for my radiation.

I posted about Monday and Tuesday already....Wednesday is new...so here goes.

Knowing that I'm going to begin chemo and radiation soon, I wanted to see if Dr. John could give me a multi-vitamin that hopefully doesn't interfere with either one rather than going to the drug store to buy a bottle off the shelf.

Well, I came home with 8 bottles of 'whole food supplements'. Designed especially for me! Dr. John 'tested' the dose size too. This is so interesting; how he knows or gets his signals from my body saying what it needs.... He said I shouldn't have 'soy' products (unknowingly I have); found I have pesticides in my body and gave me supplements to help make the liver stronger as well as supplements for the breast. Oh and probiotics for the bowels.....now to see if Dr. May (oncologist) agrees to me taking these.

Dr. May is away until Tuesday so I will find out then. Dr. John feels that if I take these and still see him on a weekly basis to make sure the dose hasn't changed...that I shouldn't feel as badly as some symptoms may make me. According to one of the oncology nurses they usually don't want ANY vitamins taken - not knowing what would 'counteract' with the chemo.....so, we'll see if I can take any of these.

Went for my 12:30 appt. in radiology today which should have taken less than 1 hour...lucky me = I got to wait longer! They do a CT scan and the machine was out of order for a while....I had to wait another 45 minutes. We left there (Charlie was with me) after 1:45. Being fitted for this treatment didn't take long at all and being tattooed was really fast.

I am scheduled to begin radiation on Wednesday, October 23rd and my time will be 10:30. It shouldn't take long at all...check in with a 'scanner card', change into a robe and then when it's your turn to get radiated (which should take less than 15 minutes) you leave...of course the drive to and from is 35 minutes (each way).

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Xoxoxoxo love you Dorothy....your posts are the best....like I tell my patients it's 95 or more in the mind ...you are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete