Wednesday, October 23, 2013

day 1; week 1 of radiation - Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I'm exhausted!!!! But it's not from the radiation!

Charlie was snoring ALL night! Having 'something on my mind' made it even harder to fall back to sleep once I was awake.

Radiation experience:

After being tattooed last week and being explained on checking in, undressing, etc. it was a breeze....but I did forget to put my gown on with the opening in the back, so when I saw the woman ahead of me with her back exposed....I went into the room to change.

I was 10 minutes early and someone ahead of me was late which made the woman ahead of me go during my appt. time of 10:30. I had to wait another 15 minutes....

They make you lay flat on your back, exposing the side/area that will be radiated...then they adjust the sheet and form asking you NOT to move...but instinct makes you lift your body...I just told them to yell at me so I don't move.

Then they x-ray you and do the radiation....it took about 15 minutes (give or take). The doctor wanted to see me but because the woman ahead of me was also new the nurse said I could wait until tomorrow to see her.

I did stop to see Dr. May regarding the supplements....guess she had so much 'stuff' to catch up on that she didn't read/see it at all. Her nurse, Kathy, will look it over and ask Dr. May and then she'll get back to me.

That's it for day 1....

No comments:

Post a Comment