Monday, October 28, 2013

day 4 - still the first week = October 28th

I just can't get a break! These bumps in the road are getting to me!

Don't fret....I'm still staying positive! I guess that's why I waited until this late to post for today.

Was in and out in 15 minutes today for radiation....BUT, I did run into Dr. May and she highly suggested that I do the chemo pill while doing radiation.

Feeling a little upset with her decision...she did say if any of the symptoms are uncomfortable she will lower the dose or give me medication to help alleviate it. Dr. May wants me to see her BEFORE I begin the chemo pills (which will arrive via US Mail on Wednesday)...now to see when I can actually meet with her and hopefully the appointment they give me will be right after my radiation treatment so I don't have to go back later in the day.

In the meantime I had to make an appointment with the dentist...a new dentist, right here in town. The dentist I was using moved to Oregon back in December and, as usual, I've held out as long as I could. I did call during the summer but they were closed for vacation and I just ended up waiting....too long....

I have to go for radiation tomorrow (Tuesday) and hopefully it will be quick like today...I have to pre-medicate one hour before the dental appointment (taking 4 amoxicilian pills). They know that I will be in Sparta and I maybe late on arrival...just hope they will be able to do what is needed so I don't have to go back right away.



No comments:

Post a Comment