Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday, October 11, 2013

I may have a few typo-errors...so just don't be critical reading this......

=========================

I didn't have my paperwork along side of me when I posted my blog yesterday.

I mentioned a number = 29 and didn't realize what it was actually called...so here goes....

This is from a four page report and hopefully I'll have all the info correct....I could probably scan it and post it...but that's too easy....I'll just sit here and re-type it!

Breast Cancer Assay - oncotypeDX - uses RT=PCR to determine the expression of a panel of 21 genes in tumor tissue. The 'recurrence score' is calculated from the gene expression results. Recurrence score range is 1 - 100.

My number is 29.

CLINICAL EXPERIENCE: PROGNOSIS FOR NODE NEGATIVE, ER-POSITIVE PATIENTS =
The clinical validation study included female patients with Stage 1 or 2, Node Negative, ER-Positive cancer treated with 5 years TAMOXIFEN - my score had an average rate of distant recurrence of 19% (95% CI: 15% - 23%

CLINCIAL EXPERIENCE: CHEMO BENEFIT FOR NODE NEGATIVE, ER-POSITIVE PATIENTS =
A study involving 651 patients from a B-20 study, which included patients with Stage 1 or 2, Node negaive, ER-Positive breast cancer. Patients were randomized to either tamoxifen alone or tamoxifen plus CMF or MF chemo.
I fall into the the Intermediate score of recurrence - benefit of chemo at 10 years.

CLINICAL EXPERIENCE: PROGNOSIS AND CHEMO BENEFIT FOR NODE POSITIVE, HER-POSITIVE PATIENTS =
This studey included post-menopausal female patients. Hormone Receptor (HR-Positive randomized to either tamoxifen alone or CAF chmo followed by tamoxifen CAF-T). The endpoint for this study was disease-free survival and outcomes after 5 years of follow-up were presented.

the best and easist read:

QUANTITATIVE SINGLE GENE REPORT:

ER- score = 10.8 Positive (range from <3.7 to >12.5)
The magnitude of tamoxifen benefit increases as the ER schore increases from 6.5 to >12.5.

PR Score = 7.5 Positive (range <3.2 to >10.0)
antibody (immunohistochemistry)

HER2 Score - 8.5 Negative (range <7.6 to >13.0)
validated from concordance studies of 755 samples using the HercepTest assay (immunohistochemistry) and another study of 568 samples uning PathVysion assay (FISH).

I guess unless you know how to actually read this report - you'll understand the therapy to be used.......and here I fall just a little over the middle and one (1) that I don't have to worry about.

All this means: I have Stage 2 Invasive ductal carcinoma Breast Cancer...

it went into one of my lymph nodes bringing me to stage 2 along with the size of the lesion (tumor) being a dimension of 2.4 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment