Thursday, October 24, 2013

day 2 radiation - Thursday, October 24, 2013

No waiting!!! Wahoo! I arrived on time for my radiation appointment and did my thing = scanned in; changed (got it right! opening in the back!!); then sat down to wait....but I ended up seeing the doctor first.

You are suppose to see the radiologist doctor once a week and they prefer it to be the beginning of the week. They take your weight and body mass (never asked why) and blood pressure reading to.

I double checked on 'symptoms'....very few - maybe skin irritation and they ask you to use Aquaphor (? spelling) which they also gave a sample of and suggested to use it right after the treatment. Fatigue maybe another.

I am not sure of the following: IF I don't do chemo right now, I could possibly cut the treatments from six weeks down to four weeks.....I'm in the process of asking Dr. May (oncologist) if I can do this. I spoke with Nurse Kathy yesterday regarding the supplements. She was a little confused when I first mentioned it as I had originally asked for just the Multizyme which she said was okay to use - then she saw the 'new' sheet of supplements and said she had to read up about them and, of course, ask Dr. May. Nurse Kathy was with a patient when I was leaving and one of the receptionist's went to ask Dr. May - she came back saying 'yes' to taking the supplements....now if you know ME, I didn't ask her if it was ALL of them or maybe she was still thinking it was just that one supplement....I ask so many questions that people tend to forget what the real question was. I just put in a phone call to verify 'both' - can I take ALL of the supplements and hold off a few weeks till doing the chemo....I will wait to hear from the office today.

Radiation went really fast! They play music and unless I was really 'out of it' I only remember hearing one song....it went that fast! I couldn't have been in there more than 5 minutes.

Day 2 done!

Hopefully tomorrow (day 3) will be quicker = I don't have to see the doctor - unless Dr. May wants to talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment