Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday, August 30th

Went for my two (2) scans today in Basking Ridge. I thought I knew how to get there without getting lost...but I also thought that the exit for Rt. 78 was a bit farther down the highway off of 287....I was suppose to get off exit 22 but turned around at exit 14!!! Of course Charlie was reading his book and didn't tell me until it was too late! Oh well, going 1/2 hour out of our way....what else is new....

Nice facility, nurse was strange...said that Sloan is the only and the best place to go for cancer treatments! Community hospitals and centers don't know what they are doing (or to put it a little nicer - they aren't up to date!)....made me feel real good - after doing this for over 2 years!!!

Had the MRI first....seemed like it took forever! They said they used a different type of 'drug' but didn't know why it was changed...this was just of the liver....Two times, I thought I was going to loose it...holding my breath! but I made it!!! Just seemed like every time I had to hold my breath - it was over 30 seconds!! which is really long, for me!!!! The last breath hold was about 15 seconds....and I was able to keep my arms at my side until the last 10 minutes - then over the head.

Then I had to drink the contrast...banana flavor (not to crazy about that flavor but that's all they had or raspberry drink). Then had to wait 90 minutes to have the CT scan...this one is the easiest!!! Hold your breath for about 10 to 15 seconds...four times! done! Scan took about 10 minutes - IF that long....and this was the chest and pelvis = what I call the whole body...but it's not.....

Stopped at Sam's Club on the way home.....it was such a beautiful day! Drove home with the top down...too chilly in the morning to have it down.

My back tooth broke off on Tuesday night. I was eating a pretzel nugget and got that feeling....something like a bone or piece of tooth in the chewing process!!! Uh oh!!! (funny thing...one of my friends emailed me telling me that this happened to her...thinking she was talking about me! how weird to have the same exact thing happen - by eating the pretzel nugget!!!) My dentist is closed on Wednesday's so I waited until I got home to call....seems they are on vacation until next Thursday! I also have a cavity in another molar on the other side....and I knew this since the end of May....when I called to make an appt. (in between beginning chemo) they were on vacation then too.....so I put it off....and now.....oh well....what else it new! Just hope the filling doesn't come out!

I'm feeling really good! It felt so good to get out and even stop at Sam's Club without worrying about my stomach!!! This is the way I want to feel!!!!!

I go next Wednesday (the 5th) to NYC to see Dr. Kemeny and hear what the scans show. Whatever she 'suggests' I do....I will tell her - I will think about it! I'm still upset with myself for rushing into getting this 'new' port put in and again 'hating' the chemo! I just did it because I thought that was the best thing to do....it may be....and we'll see if there is any 'good' change....but the next decision will be the toughest one for me to make....and I won't rush into any decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment