Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday, August 15th = #3 week

Had my pump disconnect this morning.....had to wait a while and the weirdest thing happened....a gentleman sitting next to me, his cell phone went off in his pocket and decided to turn it off.....then MY pump started beeping....everyone began looking around and the gentleman sitting next to me thought it was his phone....told them it was me....then all of a sudden an alarm started beeping from my pump!!!! I didn't know what to do...I stood up to go into see one of the nurses but she came to the door calling me in. They all heard the alarm and didn't know where or who it was coming from! The nurse tried to turn the alarm off but couldn't and ended up taking the batteries out.....that was so weird!!!! Glad I was in the office when this went off...if I was still home - I would have panicked!!!

Dr. May lowered my dose again this week...due to my face and eyes still red....

The weirdest (I seem to be using that word alot) symptom I have been experiencing is my eye sight is blurry....It was okay the day OF the chemo and the following day...but now, again, today it's hard to see the TV clearly or even to read the TV Guide on the screen....this I do not like!!!

Another symptom is the steroid that I get along with the chemo....this time I slept pretty good and went to bed early....my face had cleared up too...again, I was able to see....I also had a good appetite.

My nose didn't run as much; my mouth watered; hair is beginning to fall out; my legs didn't feel weak this time.

Tomorrow (Thursday) - back - again - for my neupagin shot. I really don't mind going there...it's just the waiting that I hate!

We lost power today....it rained - an not even too hard - but we lost power for about 1 hour...here we finally have the whole house generator and no one was around to 'pull the cord' to start it...not even sure if we have gasoline for it. Charlie is working and called - one of the other people he works with - her husband called her to tell her they lost power...so that's why Charlie called...I told him if the power stays off until 5:30 - he better make plans on coming home for dinner - then go back to work = after he starts the generator!!! He wasn't to hip on that idea! But lucky us - the power went back on! It was actually nice not to have ANY noise in the house...other than Jersey...getting spooked by nothing but having to bark! Of course this happened right as I was dozing off....which came to an end! No nap time for me today! I should be able to sleep really well tonight!

Paul went to the city today and then is baby sitting for my niece's son tonight....he's not sure if he's coming home - he may have to go to the city tomorrow.....

My house is empty! Just me and the dogs! and neither one wants to go out! I turned off the air - so the doors are open and they can come and go...but they are content just being in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment