Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday, Sept. 19th

I just got back from the doctor in Bangor, PA......Paul took me and Charlie is working so he knows nothing....

This doctor (seems really nice) looked over my blood work and scan results and feels that I should continue with the chemo! and have the hepatic pump placed.....something I really wasn't ready for! He said, as Dr. May has, that as long as the chemo is working I should continue.

According to that sweetheart doctor (Kemeny) she said that with the pump and chemo - I should go about six months - every two weeks to have the pump filled then emptied....I don't remember the exact schedule....I just hope that I can see another oncologist - hopefully Dr. May in Sparta can do the chemo....

Charlie made arrangements to go to S.C. for our niece's wedding the end of October....meaning I will wait for the surgery to have the pump put in....but I'm sure before the actual surgery I would most likely need another scan and then bloodwork for pre-admission testing......

I am NOT looking forward to this at all!!!! I feel so good now! The PA doctor said that I should do a 'coffee enema' during chemo and that should make the diarrhea discomfort a little easier....oh, sounds like so much fun!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment