Thursday, September 6, 2012

scan results from August 30th - and my thoughts...

CT scan of chest

I will just type in the Impression and Other results and a few other stuff:

radiation dose: (DLP): 429 mGy-cm

OTHER: Left-sided chest wall port with catheter tip in SVC. Noncontrast liver evaluation further limited by hepatic steatosis. A segment 7 ablation defect is again seen. Partially visualized left renal cyst. Small hiatal hernia.

IMPRESSION: since June 27, 2012
1. Nonspecific subcentimeter nodules in the right lower lobe and left upper lobe, first seen on the prior study and possibly metastases, are stable to minimally smaller. Continued follow-up recommended. Pulmonary findings otherwise stable with no new suspicious nodule seen.
2. Recommend correlation with same day abdominal MR imaging.

--------------------------------

CT PELVIS

radiation dose (DLP): 627 mGy-cm

IMPRESSION: Since April 1, 2011 no findings to suggest recurrence or metastatic disease in the pelvis.

---------------------------------

MR LIVER W/WO CON

TECHNIQUE: Axial in- and out-of-phase T1-weighted; axial fat-saturated T2-weighted; coronal single-shot fast spin-echo T2-weighted; dynamic and delayed hepatobiliary-phase gadolinium-enhanced 3D axial T1-weighted images were acquired using Gd-EOB-DTPA (Eovist).

IMPRESSION:
1. Since June 27, 2012, decreased tumor recurrence at hepatic resection margin. Stable segment 4a metastasis.
2. Decreased ablation defect in segment 7.

============================================
my thoughts:

I just wanted to add the 'stuff' the injected and the 'stuff' that I had to drink for these scans.....what is this doing to my body too?! I've had a total of 18 scans - MRI and CT's.........am I wrong for wanting to stop all of this????

I think of Robin Roberts...she did probably the same - chemo and scans for her breast cancer and was a survivor of 5 years (for a shorter period than I have)...then she gets this bone marrow cancer --- from all the scans, radiation and chemo????

So, when I think of all the complaining I am doing - not enjoying going through any of this - and having done this for 2 years: chemo, surgeries, and chemo again........with the possibilities (yes, I did say possibilities) of something else growning elsewhere or more lesions......what is the quality of life here..........
I will stay as positive as I can and I am really putting this in the hands of God. I will try this other doctor and see what other options I have -- to live a life that I can still do things when I want to.




No comments:

Post a Comment