Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday, September 17th

I feel soooo good! Like my 'old' self! a reason for not blogging....not much to say.

I did have to go to the dentist today. Two weeks ago, my back molar - a piece broke off...the dentist was on vacation that week and I finally had an appointment for this morning. Thinking the worst...my tooth had to be pulled or capped....but for the first time - I was lucky -- gee, I should have stopped at the store to get a lottery ticket!!! All I needed was for the tooth to be built up....easy as pie! Of course he novocained me and keeping my small mouth open with a waggling tongue and lots of saliva is the hardest thing for me! As always, I survived! I do have to go back next week to have the molar on the other side filled - I have a cavity. Another good thing - this tooth has a cap on it and he said he can fill it with the cap on.....Maybe my luck has changed!!! The only thing about going to the dentist...is I have to take amoxicilin before any procedure...4 of them @ 500 mg each at one time! an hour before...due to having the port. People with heart mummers have to do that too.

I go to see this 'new' doctor on Wednesday. I thought it was the allergist but it's not. Father and son are both doctors and one works mainly as an allergist and the older one (Dad) is the medical family doctor that I will see. I'm ready to change my diet....I see Paul cooking all his veggies - if he can do it....I can too! I'm sure the first thing he'll tell me is 'no' chocolate or sugar.....once it's out of my system I'll be able to handle it.....heck, I'll probably loose a few unwanted pounds too! I will also ask him if he could 'flush' my port...if not, I will go to Sparta either the end of this week - or next week some time.

Still having fun putting together the family tree - right now I'm finishing up the Panzica/Pellerino side. I enjoy the memory portion! We actually have such a large family -- too bad we are spread out all over the place! Cousins that we don't even know as well as second cousins!!! I can not imagine us every getting together.....we'd need a convention hall!!!! Once this family tree is completed I will begin the Marra's family tree.

Nicholas just arrived on US ground - he was away in Belgium this past week. He stayed the weekend to do some sightseeing but he emailed me and said that Belgium was had all their streets closed and no cars were allowed on the roads...they do this one day a year -- and that was then!!! He wouldn't have made it back to the airport if they left...so he went sightseeing in that country....I'm sure he will fill us in one of these days!

Charlie and Paul are closing up the pool today. We should have done it a few weeks ago....we had a lot of leaves in the pool....funny - leaves are still green - except for the ones that are falling on the ground!

Again, as always, I thank everyone of you for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment