Thursday, September 20, 2012

very late Thursday, Sept. 20th or Friday morning the 21st

I spoke with a friend of a friend that has stage 4 colon cancer.  He found out a few months ago and I told him of my journey....He ended up going to Sloan and now has a pump!  He also sees Dr. Kemeny and he feels the same way seeing her disposition! but feels she can act that way because she was the one that did the main research for this pump.

He is very comfortable using this pump...he also had a colon resection at the same time he had the pump placed.  He is also going for chemo which gave/gives him the same symptom as I complained of = diarrhea.  Dr. Kemeny gave him a script for it and he used it for the first time...said he was okay - so far....but he also experienced it for six days!  He said the worst part is the waiting to get into the office for either the chemo or the pump chemo.  He and his wife drive into the city for each visit.

I will contact the surgeon (Dr. Allen) later today to talk to him about this.  I'm thinking of doing this.  It really does have great results and the chemo wouldn't be forever...not sure how long....but if the pump is only for 6 months...that maybe the same amount of time - 2 x a month for both = which equals to every week of doing something.....I think.....

I just hate the idea of having to actually 'see and talk' to Dr. Kemeny - again!!!!  The feeling of your fingernails scratching a chalkboard!!!! is the feeling I get just thinking about this!!!!

A new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment