Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'd say, I could write a book - but I have so far!!! I do have a tendency to not leave out too many details.....hope you don't mind reading it all! > < Left here this morning at 6:15 to get to Newton Memorial Hospital by 6:45....checked in and then they hooked me up - to IV, blood pressure monitor and put the leg compressors on but not plugged in. Waited until 8:30 to go for this radation thing (I forget what they call it). Surgeon Dr. O'Shea said that it may burn for about 90 seconds. The gentleman along with the doctor that injected me said - a lot of women don't complain about it but then again, there are some that do! Twice I was 'shot'....and with no problem - no burning....just felt the 'pinch' as you do with anytype of needle! Then under this thing that looked like a CT scan machine. Layed there for 10 or 15 minutes then he turned it to my side for another 10/15 minutes....then back to my 'holding tank'.....the worst thing is this IV = it goes right through me....I visited the restroom about a dozen times!!!! > < Dr. O'Shea spoke to us right before the surgery and then she talked to Charlie afterwards. < > I had two (2) lymph nodes removed and the lesion. She told Charlie they looked fine but it was more of a precaution. All these are being sent to a lab and then they will get the results in about two weeks, right before I see her for a check up. < > I feel a little groggy...or maybe it's just my eyelids that are heavy. Not having enough sleep and the anticipation of this and praying that this day would FLY by! < > Newton Hospital has changed completely on the inside...it looks so nice! and they have WiFi so I was able to play my Word With Friends (thanks for Barb being available during that time of day too!), checking facebook, my gmail account and playing solitair was a timesaver too. Charlie sat beside me the entire time...he reading his book and me with my Kindle!!! < > I think I got it all down....came home and had some baked turkey cold cuts...and now I'm hungry again! ==just to say this....a lumpectomy isn't as bad as you would think. So, don't be like me and wait until, until, the lesion would get too big.....go and have your mammogram!!! Good grief now I'm telling YOU what to do!!! < > Thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts and for being here!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad all went well and I was happy to be there to help you pass the time. It's therapeutic for me as well! I do get regular mammograms but, I hate them, had to be designed by a man, lol! Rest up.

    ReplyDelete