Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, September 12th

Just came back from my follow up office visit with the surgeon. I did end up having some fluid which she extracted...wasn't a lot...normal amount.....BUT I did find out that I have Stage 2 - it went to one of my lymph nodes. No more surgery needed or recommended by my oncologist as chemo will take care of it. < > I had a call yesterday from the lab that will be running this test on the tumor which was removed - Onotype dx - it will show a 'grade' of cancer and then that will help determine what type of treatment needed....chemo via IV or pill; hormone therapy and/or radiation. The results will take 14 business days and then they are faxed to both the surgeon and oncologist. I had to cancel my appt. with Dr. May for next Wednesday so we could find out more at the later date which will be October 10th...I'm sure chemo will begin shortly after that. < > Other than all that...I'm feeling fine, energy level good/great! and I love my new way of eating. Some people would call it a diet...I just say it's the new......I made myself an omlet for breakfast = peppers/onions/asparagus/broccoli/turkey (leftover from dinner) with an egg.....yum! very good! lunch is usually a salad with veggies/avocado/meat/tomatoe/cucumber and anything else I might have in the refrig. I made spaghetti squash the other day and there is still some more in the refrigerato...now its me and Paul = who gets to leftovers first!!!! please excuse the type-o's....I can't seem to find the spell check on this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment