Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Wahoo! I'm done with radiation! Yesterday was my 33rd and final day. With the ice - I was a little delayed in getting there. Charlie was driving and when we went to leave (my normally scheduled time) - the driveway was a sheet of ice. I called to see if I could re-schedule -- by hook or crook, I was GOING!!! New time: 12 noon and we were there!

Going down the driveway was still icy and with Charlie's pick up truck - sliding down sideways, kind of took 'our' breath away....he is a great driver - he was able to straighten out the truck and continue on! It felt like 10 minutes to get down the driveway but in reality it was probably a minute. We took a breath when we 'stopped' at the bottom (without sliding into the road and never knowing if there is a car coming!)

Had my treatment then saw the doctor....They want to see me in a month, just for a check up....it's okay as I still have to go back for my CBC's. I'll just make sure they are scheduled for the same day and time.

I also spoke with Dr. May's nurse - to find out about continuing on my chemo pill....The dosage has changed. I will continue taking 2,000 mg. of Xeloda until the end of this week....then I don't take any for the next week....then I increase my dosage to 1,150 morning and evening - giving me a total of 2,300 per day - two weeks on, one week off.

I have a scheduled CBC appointment for this week on Friday....then the next one is....I think, the following week...but I may end up canceling that as I won't be on the chemo pill that week.....another question to ask when I go on Friday.

No bells were rung, just a congratulations when my treatment was finished. Doesn't matter - I'm happy that I don't have to keep going. Even though the six weeks seems to have flown by, it was still getting up every weekday and leaving the house. Thank goodness in that time frame there was only two days that the weather was strange.

Charlie and I went to Newton to do some shopping after the treatment (especially thinking that the driveway was still a little frozen). We picked up two gifts to donate for a girl and a boy then stopped at Shop Rite to pick up some lunch/dinner food.


Thank you ALL, for keeping me in your prayers. Your continued support is truly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment