Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday morning, December 6th

It's always nice to receive great news from a doctor! I went for my eye exam yesterday and I was so happy to walk out of there knowing that there is nothing wrong with my eyes! That doctor looked and looked and looked some more but just couldn't find anything wrong! He had me a little nervous when he checked one more time! I haven't had my pupils dialated in a few years and didn't remember how long it actually took to be able to 'see' again. Thank goodness it was a cloudy day.

Before my eye appointment I had gone for radiation #31 and asked the technician the things I had asked before but couldn't remember a word that was said due to me dwelling on 'another 5 days of radiation'......

I asked if this radiation (next three days) is stronger than the others (as they call it something else = that again, I can't remember). Her reply was 'no'...it's the same amount of radiation but concentrated in the area where the cancer was originally found. Then I asked, how does this end...she said that on Monday (my last treatment) I will meet with the doctor and she will go over 'discharge papers' and tell me what things I should do and/or look for and also set up a follow up appointment. She suggested (due to me saying that I couldn't remember a word said) that I bring a pad along with me to write things down. Eeeks...will there be that much to remember???? The other tech said to bring a 'recorder' as she did that for her schooling......oh my, I can't believe there will be that much that I have to look for!!!

A dreary Friday morning....and that darn cat kept coming into my bedroom every hour since 2:30 this morning!!! I totally ignored her each time but with her meowing, it's like having a baby in the house where you just wake up hearing her. I didn't get too much sleep. I finally got up about 7:20 and she was back on her bed looking like she didn't want to be disturbed. Went downstairs and put out 'fresh' wet food and she was happy AND right now, she's still outside! Yesterday she was in and out all day - guess she enjoys the warmer weather - rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment