Wednesday, July 31, 2013

the end of July 2013!

Not sure exactly where I left off with my last blog....I write them, not necessarily READ them!  I was told by some of my friends that they check my blog a lot and I should update even if I don't have any information.....so here, by 'highly suggested' people, is my update.....

I had my breast biopsy on the 18th by (what I have come to find out just recently) a top surgeon in NJ!  Dr. O'Shea.  She did an ultrasound and the biopsy right in her office and called me with results last Thursday.  She said it IS breast cancer but is still waiting for another pathology report and then she will meet with Dr. May (who will be returning to work from her vacation tomorrow) and I have an appointment with Dr. May scheduled for Tuesday the 6th of August.

At this point, I have no idea of 'what type' of breast cancer I have except that it is NOT related to colon cancer and if I can beat colon cancer (as I have so far) breast cancer will be a breeze!  Sure, that's what the surgeon says.....

Oh yes, I did go for my mammogram too........OMG!!!  I kind of remembered how it felt....but now I know why some of us hold off a little to get one......I know what a piece of steak feels like when you put it in a George Forman Grill!!!!  or a sandwich in a panini press!!!!

That's my update.  I know I may have said this before but I'll say it again = if my health was the lottery = I'd be a millionaire!!!

I'm in great spirits right now....knowing I have another bump in the road with a few curves ahead....with all your prayers and knowing it's in the hands of God - I will get through this.


No comments:

Post a Comment