Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 13, 2013 - it's been a long time......

It's been a long time = feeling really good and I still do.....BUT with having stage 4 - it can come back, which it did.

I had a CT scan back in March which showed two new nodules in my lungs.  Everyone has nodules that come and go.  We (Dr. May and myself) weren't too concerned at that time and decided to 'watch' it.  Three months later I had a PET scan which is actually better.

I'm allergic to the iodine contrast for the CT scan so it just shows anything new and sizes.  The PET scan illuminates cancerous growths along with sizes.  Words used in the reports are 'suggesting' and 'could indicate'.....meaning that they can only 'see' them as a photo but not being able to actually know without a biopsy if they are.....

This scan report showed two nodules in my lungs that have grown; a new lesion in my liver; and something in my breast. 

I am in the process of scheduling a bioposy/ultrasound for my breast.  To find out if this is 'breast cancer' or still considered 'colon cancer which has spread'.  Once the findings come back we will proceed with the correct chemo therapy.

No surgery is set for the breast = Dr. May wants to see it actually shrink while doing chemo.  Eventually if it doesn't go away on its own, then surgery will be considered.

Right now, I am a bit upset - I was almost considered a 'survivor' - last chemo I had was last August!  But I have resigned myself to knowing that there is always a possibility of this appearing again = which it has.  I am a strong, thick headed, woman and if a 5 year old has to go through this and still smile = I can do this again!

Dr. May is trying to schedule the breast biopsy (which is just an office visit) for this coming week...once the results are back then we will discuss what will be done.

Thank you all who have continued to pray for me and I ask you again to start.  At one point I tended to 'not' believe in miracles' but I shake my head and say that this is really a miracle!  finding this now while everything is small - if I bet this before = I can do it again!  Now to pray that once I begin my chemo that my side effects and symptoms are easy enough to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment