Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday, June 6th

I made an appointment with Dr. Allen (surgeon at Sloan Kettering, NYC) on Friday, June 15th. I also had logged onto their web site and found a video that explains this 'hepatic arterial infusion pump'....if you're interested...at least to see the 'size of the pump' and to see where it is implanted you can go to this site to view the 8 minute video and it also explains the who, what and where of this...

http://www.mskcc.org/videos/treating-liver-metastases-hepatic-arterial-infusion-therapy

Sam went onto the site yesterday and couldn't view it....so hopefully it will work for you.

I also found out the incision is 6 (six) inches long....hmmmm and there is a hospital stay of a few days -- double hmmmm.... Now I'm hoping that I will be able to eat while I'm there...they really do have such a good menu!! Gotta find the laugh in there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment