Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday, June 1st

Had one of my back molars extracted this morning. I was so nervous and it really didn't hurt! I ended up just doing Novocain....but the oral surgeon had to give me, like 6 or 8 shots of it! He wanted part of my lip to get numb but it didn't seem to being doing it....when I walked out of his office - then - my lip was numb!

WARNING: If you have a queasy stomach --- DON'T read the next paragraph!!!

The weirdest thing is that you can 'hear' what he's doing....not feel it, but you kind of know (I guess it's pressure). I felt him pull off the cap, then wiggle the tooth and I believe the 'head' came off...then he drilled what I believe a hole and took a hook to pull out the root (which he had to do on both).

My mouth is so tiny that he did say he used this black plastic 'thing' that holds your mouth open and the one he used was too big and it was for children!!! Then I also have this 'wagging' tongue....always seems to get in the way!

He gave me a script for penicillin and pain pill....I don't need the pain pill. My jaw does hurt a little when I go to open it - so I don't! I've been putting the ice pack on...I do have a little swelling on my jaw line.

I ate yogurt for lunch, egg w/mayo and tomato soup for dinner....and I'm still hungry! I did just eat a chocolate chip cookie which was soft enough not to bother me!

All that anticipation and it wasn't all that bad. I only hate going to the dentist because it's so difficult to keep my mouth open! and open it wide...which is never wide enough for them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment