Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday, November 2, 2014

It's a windy and brisk day today! Trying to stay warm is a little hard...sitting with a sweatshirt and blanket takes a lot of energy! I hate getting up to let the dogs in or out or doing stuff around the house....but I'll get through it!

Went on Monday the 27th for a follow up visit with Dr. May.

When I called for the appointment I told the receptionist that I refuse to wait over one hour due to the three hour wait the last visit. When I arrived at 10:30 I mentioned this again. The young woman asked if I wanted to hold my check - just in case I left....I told her to hold it as I'd end up coming back either this week or in three weeks! An hour came and I went up to her and she said I had another 10 minute wait.

Actually there was no way I was going to leave. I hadn't eaten anything as my regular doctor wanted cholesterol blood work and being that I needed a port flush - I'd have it done here. I also wanted to find out the results of my bone density test.

About one hour later, after having a finger prick blood draw...a nurse came in and flushed my port along with drawing the blood. Dr. May came in and handed me TWO papers of the blood work....the finger prick numbers were completely different than the 'quick' port draw....amazing how different they could be.... All numbers were good.

Bone density test was great!!! No signs of osteoporosis!!!

It's such an easy scan too. You lie on your back and they scan your spine and then your hips...all takes about 2 minutes for each = totaling 6 minutes.

No results of my cholesterol test yet.

I was so hungry when I was leaving. Thank goodness they have finger sandwiches served on Monday's and Wednesday's! I went out with a small egg salad sandwich on a potato roll along with a quarter sandwich of turkey on wheat....which I ate in the car....leaving at 12:30.

I'm feeling very good, other than trying to keep warm. We have the pellet and wood stove heating the house right now - which is okay....

I also STOPPED taking the femara (for breast cancer). On the 11th day I was totally exhausted! I even went back to bed for two hours - which I never do! And I had a headache (which I never get), along with no appetite at all. I ended up eating a small bowl of cold cereal at 9 pm, just to get something in my stomach. I didn't take any more and felt so much better the following day.

Dr. May wasn't too happy that I only gave it 11 days but I guess she knew there was NO way I was going to take it again - ever! so she decided that I didn't need to take this hormone pill for breast cancer. I'm guessing it's because I'm still taking the chemo pills.

Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment