Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Just wanted to blog...nothing important but figured - what the heck.....

I went for my usual 3 week follow up on Tuesday. My appointment was scheduled for 10 am. It takes me 35 minutes to get there...when I arrived I asked the receptionist how long I'd be waiting...she said about an hour. Doable since the last visit I waited two hours. I sat down with my Kindle and waited. There was a women next to me - waiting...she was there about 20 minutes ahead of me. Patients walked in, checked in, sat down and then were called in BEFORE the other woman and me! She got up to make sure they knew she was there - so I figured they knew I was waiting too! Waiting, and still waiting. A woman came in with her friend and said the longest she's ever waited was ten minutes - and then she was called to go in. (she does have a different oncologist)....THREE (3) hours later!!!! I was called in!!!

So frustrated!!!! As calm as I was, I thought my blood pressure was going to be sky high! but it was normal! then the nurse came in and asked the same questions she always does...then Dr. May came in and they all apologized -- what do you say! Man oh man, did I want to say something rather than smiling and saying 'it's okay'....has to be the receptionist that schedules these appointments!!!! Got home at 1:30 then ran to the A&P to get my 5% senior discount (only on Tuesday's).

When I left the office I looked over to the receptionist and held up three fingers....she shook her head, rolled her eyes (with an apologetic eye) and turned away. When I call for my next three week follow up I will tell the girl that gives me my appt. that I will only wait 1 hour. If I am not taken - I will walk out! Wonder how that will go over!!!

It was a busy day, leaving the house at 9:20 and coming home after 1:30. Then running out the door again.

All is well, my CBC and rest of blood work is fine and Dr. May checked my lungs. She suggested I have a bone density scan as this new hormone pill (for breast cancer) has symptoms of joint pain. She wants to make sure I don't have or wants to know the score for osteoporosis. As there is some bone loss with this pill. I'm scheduled for the 21st. This is different than the bone scan I had about a month ago...but you think THAT scan would show bone loss.....maybe it's just the money they want!!! Thank God we have good health insurance that covers these tests!

All is well. God is good! Prayers are good too! and I thank you for them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment