Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Blessed Easter to All....a little late but God is always here for us and is showing us His miracles each day.

I went for my usual follow up visit with Dr. May yesterday. The only complaint I have is that you (I) arrive on time....but don't see the doctor for another hour! Nurses come in and take your vitals and your blood! and then you wait! Thank goodness I have my Kindle to keep me company! I usually play Word With Friends and I have one friend that is just about on all the time...so I'm always thinking of words to make! (thank you Barb!). My blood work (CBC) was very good.

This was my week off after increasing the dosage of my Xeloda by 1,000 mg each day. I did tell Dr. May my symptoms of which I tended to embellish a bit....I told her that my feet really hurt - especially as the day ends. They feel like a Clown's Big Feet! They do burn a little but it's bearable. Then I also told her my energy level has gone down....I do get tired a lot easier and it's noticeable to me. I find I need to sit after doing normal cleaning, laundry and other stuff. I was hoping she'd drop the dosage back to what it was but she said - one step at a time....She suggested we try to eliminate the 2 - 150 each mg. per day. So now I will take: 3 - 500 mg in the morning and at night = 3,000 mg rather than the 3,300 mg per day.

I can deal with the burning feet and tingling fingers but I don't like the energy level being so low. There are times that I don't even want to get up to prepare a meal....I'd rather just eat what is around = making me FAT! = eating junk food that I thought I'd never buy again....someone here is weeeeeeeeaaaaak!

Funny though, I did well on Easter....I did prepare grilled eggplant parmesan for Paul on Saturday as well as making the meatballs and sauce. On Sunday I made the stuffed shells, prepared my prime ribs and then made all the veggies and mashed potatoes....After sitting down to dinner (which was very late) I hated getting back up to clear the table and do the dishes. Thank goodness I had my kids help!

Nick was the only one that didn't have to work. Paul ended up helping Sam at the country club (as she was short some servers). They both arrived home at 7:30 with food on the table. Charlie had to work at Lowe's too, coming home about 6:15. Nicholas and I kept each other company.

I'm having computer problems! Seems I had two virus's and over 350 bugs! After cleaning it all up = my computer is running SLOWER!! so frustrating!!! Just getting onto Facebook takes forever and longer to post stuff! I posted some Easter photo's late last night and it took about 2 hours just to do that!!! I was ready to pull out my hair...well, not really but I was totally frustrated!

Charlie celebrated his birthday on Friday the 18th. He worked and then went bowling (his normal weekly thing)...WE (it was only the two of us) had his cake (I sung Happy Birthday) at 10:30 pm! With his bowling league on Friday's....seems every holiday fell on that day == our anniversary, Valentine's Day and his birthday! Thank goodness mine is on Thursday! Not that it really matters = it's just another day and I'm not one for going out.....another day, another year....I'm alive!

That kind of sounds depressing....but I'm not. I'm happy and loving this warmer weather. I even drove back from Sparta with my convertible top down yesterday! I love my car!

That's my update for now - if you don't see anything - everything is okay! No news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment