Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

When I was growing up, I was so shy and hardly had anything to say....well, I sure did make up for lost time! I can talk about anything!!! And here is my platform on my PET scan....

Appointment scheduled for Monday, March 31st at Hackettstown Hospital (about a 20 minute drive). The day before a scan your not suppose to exercise = hmmmm, sure for the first time I wanted to work out and couldn't! and no sugar or fruit....just protein. I can do that = that's the diet I was on in November = when I went to the nutritionist....and fell off of it....

I left here at 8:05 AM - knowing that I had to register at the front desk of the hospital and not knowing what the parking lot would be like....I arrived 15 minutes early....

Registered and then walked down to the radiation department....I was to begin the scan about 9....

I had my Kindle with me (just in case I had to wait) but no wireless connection, so I just played solitare.

The woman I spoke with, I believe she is the receptionist...walked in about 10 minutes later saying she was stuck in traffic....no problem....

With this scan, they inject you with this 'stuff' and you have to sit quietly for 50 minutes....well, here I am = still sitting!

The delivery of the 'stuff' was late!!! They didn't arrive until 9:45!!! All that sitting and I wasn't going to get out of there until noon!

They have this really nice resting room. A little water fall fountain, candles and soft lights = NO kindle! No mental stimulation...just sit back and recline for 50 minutes.

My body told me when time was up....I had to go to relieve my bladder so bad and it was perfect timing! Then into get the scan!

Twenty minutes later...I was back out in the waiting room, waiting for the CD to bring on Friday.

Karen (receptionist) was very nice, handed me some water and crackers while I waited.

I asked the technicial when Dr. May would get the written report. He said she should get it in two or three days = which would be perfect for me --- she should have it on Friday and I will know what's going on inside my body.

I believe that God has healed me! I am very anxious to hear the news!

That's my story for the day.....always waiting.....for something......

No comments:

Post a Comment