Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday, Auguest 12th

As good as news can be = I received GOOD news today! from the breast surgeon!!! Charlie came with me for my consult/visit with Dr. O'Shea.....he was nervous and when she called me in he asked if he should come in or wait in the waiting room..... The good news is that I need a Lumpectomy. Here I was thinking the worst...but this is the good news! She spoke to us for about 1/2 hour and put our minds at ease.> < The surgery is scheduled for the first Wednesday of September....of course now I need the pre-surgical appointments = blood work and EKG done....all do-able in this time frame.> < She also spoke about radiation after the surgery - 5 days a week (M - F)for 7 (seven) weeks. She doesn't do the 'seed' implant. She's done them before and doesn't like the results - may burn the skin or the muscle wall into your lungs = so we'll forgo that one.> < I won't start any chemo (pill form) until two weeks of healing time after surgery...and right now it does look very good as to taking the 'pill'. There are still side effects with this but not as bad as the IV....and I'll be checked to make sure the pill is doing it's job or I'd have to do the original IV......we'll take one step at a time and not hurdle through this.> < Surgery is done as outpatient, about 1 1/2 hour and she will check the lympe nodes at the same time.> < Lumpectomy is a real good thing - she said I would NOT be a candidate for re-construction....> < Prayers do work! Thank you for your prayers and support. WE will get through this small detour on my road to recovery.> < Not sure if I will post for the next two weeks....so if you don't check - you might not miss anything!> < Enjoy the rest of the summer - it sure did go by fast! Kids are getting ready to go back to college and school too.......Never stop believing in miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment